Hello everyone! With the weather warming up and the longer days, I thought I would share a post on some of my favourite outdoor places to spend some time with friends. Since I will be working this summer here in Stockholm, I am looking forward to some after work meet-ups with my friends who will also stay here! There are so many options to choose from so this week, I will share my top 5.
1. Strandbryggan – This spot is quite unique as it is actually made up of a series of anchored floating docks. I definitely recommend sitting on the “sunny” side, but it gets really busy here! It is located on Strandvägskajen and offers a great view of the city and harbour. It is a little pricey but offers a great environment, good food and a fantastic view. If you have access to a boat, you can also tie up at their dock and have some dinner on your boat!
2. Josefina – Located just across the harbour from Standbryggan, Restaurang Josefina offers a much larger space for an after work or afternoon in the sun. This bar has a distinctly “tropical” vibe with decorations like palm trees and themes like “Endless Summer Nights” and “Summer, Sun & Love”.
3. Nosh and Chow – Located in the heart of Ostermalm, Nosh and Chow is a little pricey, but a great place to go for an after work or a special occasion. The open air courtyard is a great place to relax and enjoy some music and good company!
4. Trädgården – Located in Skanstull on Södermalm is a funky outdoor venue and is only open in the summer! You can eat, drink, dance or play ping pong with friends and colleagues! It can get quite busy here as well.
5. Mälarpaviljongen – Located on Kungsholmen island, right on the water. Mälarpaviljongen has its own garden and design shop, and evening events range from Sunday jazz sessions to dance shows and DJ nights. This will definitely become a summertime favourite. No reservations but this is a huge venue so you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting a table!
Hope this gives everyone some inspiration for the spring and summer in Stockholm, and maybe I will see some familiar faces there!